Reward tribe holder? no! Reward the Farmers!

Joey | Fei :evergreen_tree: Today at 01:01

"Going forward, we will support proposals that reward TRIBE holders for their continued commitment to the system.
We want the Tribe to be aligned with the long-term success of the protocol. "

I think a really important choice will be deciding who to reward.
On discord I read of people who propose to reward those who have pre-swapped more than 70% in tribe. I think it makes absolutely no sense as those who preswapped so much are 90% mercenary capital who believed they were participating in an ico of 2017, even if, certainly among these there was someone interested in the project but was not well informed about in what they were investing.
Those who were certainly interested in the real growth of the protocol and in the long term are those who staked to farm tribe.
I have no problem admitting that I am part of the ranks of farmers, I added the lps before the farm even started.
But I do this post because it would be really absurd to reward those who pre-swapped 100% hoping to dump tribe instantly or who swapped 0% to take only the airdrop for dumping asap.

I think the team has to think about this at the cost of studying portfolio by portfolio to understand what the ido participants really wanted to do.

My 2 cents

13 Likes

:+1:Great. Support you

1 Like

Find a way not to reward those who contributed to the initial failure of the project at all and double reward those who did something to truly support it. If not we fail twice.

I’m hoping what Joey means here is rewarding long-term staking of Tribe and possibly Fei. We could provide multipliers of TRIBE farm rewards for long-term staking similar to Curve.

1 Like

Just because you decide to farm TRIBE with close to 100% APY doesn’t mean they should punish other TRIBE holders who’s actually getting diluted each second.

5 Likes

I support this as a fellow farmer who is here for the long term

1 Like

I think we also should reward holders who bought after the launch and thus helped with keeping the price up (both FEI on FEI/ETH and TRIBE on TRIBE/ETH or TRIBE/FEI ?)

2 Likes

They can and probably should do that going forward. It’s a healthy mechanic. You want long-term lock up to incentivize holding, which causes price to increase and also acts as an extra incentive to vote on protocol improvements (for long-term stakers). You want long-term mindset to run the protocol.

1 Like

Agreed. Long term thinking is best.

lol you farm because of APY. pls dont say long-term here

3 Likes

if you think 90% apy these days is high maybe you should inform yourself better

I trust you will get out farm when APY 10%. Right ? Is that long-term in your mind ?

No farms no food. Support the farmers

2 Likes

I’m in support of the farmers!

2 Likes

I agreed with this proposal! Farmers, those whom staked to farm tribe needs to be rewarded as are committed to the success of this project. Please provide tribe votes to move this forward. Thank you

1 Like

I really agree with you opinion. In fact, it is true that it benefits those who are involved in the formation of the ecosystem.

1 Like

So would you also like to reward the guy who earned 600 ethereum in the first 10 seconds? after all he too has owned tribe for about ten seconds

We should collectively try to work something out that supports all parties involved, FEI/TRIBE holders, and farmers.

3 Likes

I disagree, I did the 100% pre-swap because I was interested in being part of the project thanks to governance. It’s okay to reward farmers, but add those loyal users like me who have never sold a single TRIBE.

2 Likes

Agreed. Please rewards royal farmers especially who didn’t sell any Fei and Tribe

1 Like