With FIP-2 and FIP-3 hopefully around the corner, I would like to suggest that the team and community look more towards medium and long-term expectations. The following points try to explain how to improve FEI and enhance community and stakeholder engagement. This has shown some support from various members on Discord, so I would like to try to consolidate it here.
- To provide a clear and transparent understanding of ‘what’ is to come, ‘when’ is it coming, and ‘how’ is it going to be implemented.
- To develop more use cases for Fei Protocol;
- To hold the team actionable so that they are able to deliver what is promised on time.
- To leverage the ideas of the community and to allow them to jointly develop the protocol (as ‘expanded governance’) and for further decentralization.
- To restore the confidence of the community and the general cryptosphere.
- To encourage a more strategic vision of the Fei Protocol as a legitimate product platform with long term viability, as the short term fundamentals of FEI are fixed.
- To bring long term intrinsic value to TRIBE.
This is a rather loose combination of smaller proposals, but they include:
- The team to furnish a roadmap for feature rollouts to the end of 2021;
- The creation of a multi-sig so that more community members can participate, encouraging more decentralization than the core team (this was supported by Joey);
- The creation of a committee to manage the PCV, including diversification proposals which is currently being discussed elsewhere on the forum;
- The creation of a committee to manage integrations, including research, outreach and execution.
- The creation of a committee to handle internal community affairs, such as AMAs.
- It is unknown what use cases that the core team has for FEI, so the team needs to provide a general direction. This could be discussed in an AMA forum.
- Any committee members nominated for any roles needs formal voting, off/on-chain voting TBD.
- The team should aim to produce this roadmap within a set number of days to kickstart the process.
Feel free to discuss any ideas and other proposals that would be under this ‘development’ umbrella.