[Proposal] 🌲 Delegating some PCV management to TRIBE staking pools

Two vulnerabilities come to mind: (1) it would reduce the cost of a 51% attack. It would become a 36% attack! Hehehe! Sure, there’s an argument that this would be good for tribe holders. It raises the secure price floor from around 2 times the PCV to around 3 times the PCV. But that “secure price floor” is only a floor in theory. We don’t know how well it will support the market at the moment because TRIBE isn’t fully liquid yet. And a lot of the tribe that can already be voted with (read: the tribe owned by the team and seed investors) cannot be sold. We’ll see what happens in the future. (2) The bank is owned by its debtors. All I can say about this is that it feels risky! :sweat_smile: On the other hand, some people might read “the bank is owned by its debtors” and think that it sounds like the epitomy of DeFi. I haven’t come to a conclusion about this. I’ve tried to come up with strategies that would abuse this power, but I haven’t been able to come up with any. I’ll wait for people that are better at breaking things than I am to give it a try.

I agree with you here. I think many of us (myself included) have a bit of a dogmatic resistance to the idea that FEI would be reserve-backed. In reality, the ecosystem would probably benefit from having a faucet (even if an indirect one) where people can sell FEI for ETH at $1. And what’s nice about your solution is that the size of that faucet will be dynamic, but capped at 20% of PCV in the case that the only use of the loans is arbitrage.