FIP-59: TribalChief Allocation Adjustments

Some comments :

1/ FEI-TRIBE Uniswap v2 LP token incentives
I’m not married to FEI-TRIBE Uni-v2 LP tokens incentives (especially since we now have fTRIBE-8 incentives to deposit TRIBE in the FeiRari fuse pool). But, let’s wait for FIP-46 discussions to continue first as @storm says. We may remove the IDO liquidity, and we’ll still need some liquidity somewhere. It’s too early to move without a good plan. I’d like to suggest that the protocol deploys liquidity on Balancer for FEI/TRIBE and WETH/TRIBE that we co-incentivize with BAL and TRIBE, then we could kill the Uni-v2 incentives - but we’ll discuss this in a separate thread. There are multiple ways to solve the issue.

2/ FEI-3crv Curve metapool LP token incentives
Revisting how we distribute rewards on the Curve pools is a good idea, but I think we can do better than what is proposed here. I have been in talks with some community members and Convex lately (as part of FIP-53, but also to design the next steps). I think over time we should eventually drive 3crv/FEI LP tokens rewards in Tribal Chief towards zero, and replace these with an adapter contract that gets TRIBE rewards from the TribalChief, and use them to bribe on Votium (Convex).

The issue with the strategy proposed by @joey and @storm is that if we incentivize users to stake their Curve LP tokens in our TribalChief directly to get TRIBE rewards, they won’t be able to also stake their LP tokens in Curve/Convex, so the rewards are exclusive. Moreover, bribing has over 3x ROI (1$ spent on bribe drives 3-4$ of rewards on the pool), so it would be better to use the TribalChief rewards to bribe and have users stake on Curve/Convex. We can have multiple “briber contracts” for multiple Curve pools on the TribalChief (e.g. one for the metapool and one for the d3pool, maybe others).

On a related note, Convex will help us to raise the A factor of the metapool from 10 to 500. Currently the TVL we attract there is not very useful, because trades get a large slippage compared to Uniswap v3. This will change with a high A factor.

3/ Adding more Uniswap v3 incentives
Very supportive of incentivizing FEI-USDC liquidity on Uniswap v3. I think we should incentivize the 0.01% fee tier, because liquidity won’t go there without incentives, and still that’s the best option for the protocol. Allows super cheap arb. I don’t think 500 AP is wise, 100 AP were enough to attract 18M$ in the FEI-DAI pool, and it’s more than enough to get most trades routed through Uni v3 already. I’d suggest to add a 150 AP FEI-USDC 0.01% fee reward stream, and a 100 AP FEI-USDT 0.01% fee reward stream. The protocol will probably never deploy USDC/USDT liquidity because we don’t want exposure to custodial assets in the PCV, so using incentives to drive user funds there is optimal.

4 Likes