Tribal Force Proposal: Long-term Contributor Program

It seems like the spirit of this proposal is exactly in line with the long term goals, and the idea of self-managing growth incentives is definitely alluring.

The big “if”, in my mind, is if a mechanism or quantification can be established to accurately suss out value added, so that it can be tracked and rewarded efficiently, fairly, and sustainably.

Basically just echoing what others said above… Good idea, let’s explore more details, and also set expectations that earning the top comp tiers would require a significant contribution and commitment.

3 Likes

We need a clear job description for each leader / member, with tasks and responsibilities completed with quantifiable goals for each payment level. However, this seems difficult to implement, and the alternative (not measuring quantifiable goals) is extremely subjective. Perhaps the applicants who have previously contributed to the DAO can give some clarity on how they would rank themselves in the last three months, so that we can get a better idea of how they would score historically. We also need more clarity about who ranks the leaders, as already mentioned.

6 Likes

That is a very thoughtful point Brianna!

I think a great starting point would be for folks who are currently working for the DAO to outline what they did specifically in the last three months, and how many hours did that amount to; why they should entitled to x% if they were to continue our past workload; before laying out what else they might do, and how much might that be worth/KPI etc.

a major initiative of this proposal is to consolidate and make transparent the current payments that are being given for work done for the protocol, and to bring them inline with Defi standards.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m really interested in joining our long-term Contributor Program and applying for a Tribal Force member position. But before that, I want to understand how it works and What are the requirements for the member position?

Currently, I have a full-time engineer job in the US. I can spend around 2 hours per day including weekends on our program. Is that fine? Or do we have to work 40 hours per week?

The next question is about the payment level. Clearly, I wouldn’t aim for 100%, maybe 15% or 20% is a good point. For me, joining the program is more important. But how to determine the level for each month? Based the working hours?

3 Likes

I fully disagree with this statement. The FeiRari merger is about merging our two DAOs together, and it makes no sense to make full-time hiring decisions for one DAO, not the other, while potentially merging. It would be advantageous to wait until the merger is finalized (or rejected), so that both DAOs can participate in this process if appropriate. It is also in the DAO’s best interest to open applications to the wider DeFi community if we move forward with this initiative to attract the best applicants.

Reiterating my previous comment:

2 Likes

Are you applying for a Tribal Force member position or Tribal Force Leads?

I don’t mind doing TF Lead job in the part of tracking activity and approving new candidates, especially since for the first cohort I’m the only one with technical expertise for now. However, I cannot commit to a 40h/week job as a lead on top of my dev contribution. Therefore, for now I’m applying for the member position.

Describe your/the expert’s involvement in the Fei ecosystem and in the DeFi space more generally?

Since the early days of Fei I’ve been arguing here and in Discord discussions that multimillion decisions made in DeFi should be based on deeper understanding and prediction of underlying dynamics of protocols involved, both that of Fei and of its partners:

Implementing this vision I’ve been working lately on the tool for protocol exploration and comprehension.

It’s gonna be a tool for protocol analysis in the vein of what Gauntlet is doing, but based on a set of DeFi-native premises:

1. Gauntlet is running their simulations with agent-based models representing users interacting with a protocol. A model of a user is based on a set of theoretical assumptions about user behaviour patterns. This approach was developed for TradFi, where the bulk of real life data is either not digitised at all (much of the b2c interaction happens offline) or isn’t available (much of market data is private). Hence, agent-based modelling with theoretical assumptions about incomplete data is justifiable. However, for DeFi agent-based modelling is a suboptimal legacy framework. Since all data about transactions and user interactions with the protocol is open and available for modelling, we can learn from real life data a model of a living protocol, or parts of it, and models of user interactions with it. Moreover, this model will be continuously fine-tuned with new data emerging.
  2. Transactions model is only half of the story. The other half is community sentiment manifested on twitter, discord and discourse. In the offline economy inflation expectations and consumer sentiment influence consumer behaviour and central banks of the world gauge it with polls, when modelling national economies. In DeFi we have the luxury to model community sentiment not with approximating polls, but again with real life data, while constantly fine-tuning the model.

We can learn from real life data models of onchain activity & that of community sentiment and then merge them to get a true-to-life DeFi-native model of a protocol, which can be constantly fine-tuned. Then it can be used to build tools for explorable + explainable DeFi: running stress tests and alternative scenarios, classifying protocols and tokens, detecting user behaviour patterns, making forecasts about certain protocol KPIs like TVL and that of partnering protocols.

I already made the first iteration of the model for gauging Twitter sentiment evolution towards some key DeFi protocols, including Fei. Under the hood is an autoencoding BERT-derivative language model trained on the corpus of tweets, then fine-tuned on a different corpus of tweets with sentiment labeled by human annotators. Then I scrapped Twitter feed with inclusion/exclusion @ # $ and some others for a particular protocol. Then I ran scrapped and preprocessed Twitter feed data through the language model and for each data point in the time series calculated rolling mean with a heuristic window (a sweet spot: less – too much noise, more – too few details):

I’ll be publishing more here: learn.klimchitsky.com

I’ve been doing this in my spare time with no funding. I’m also paying from my pocket for Google Cloud Services to run DL experiments, you can check out rates here: Tarification  |  Vertex AI  |  Google Cloud

I’ve also been on the OA committee.

What skills/experience do you/they bring?

Deep learning for Natural Language Processing, deep learning on graphs: both community (members — vertices, communication — edges) and onchain (wallets — vertices, txns — edges) activities can be modelled as graphs.

Plus some industry connections to scale these efforts.

What are your expected contributions?

This work can go forward in a number of ways.

Trained models will be deployed to an endpoint such that apps like a (most basic) dashboard showing community sentiment real-time evolution or for certain dates/parameters can be built.

Advanced sentiment model

In the first iteration the most basic BERT_small-derivative (with some alterations) was used. A different architecture like ERNIE (demonstrates superior results in other natural language processing tasks) or an ensemble of architectures can replace underlying basic BERT-small model.

Resulting language model can be trained on a bigger corpus or a corpus of DeFi-specific vs general topic tweets.

E.g.: 175-billion-parameter GPT-3 was trained on a corpus of 570GB filtered texts from Common Crawl.

A classification task with 3 labels (positive, neutral, negative) is a good first step. A more advanced model can gauge community sentiment in a bigger/more complicated space of states or produce sentiment prediction in the form of coherent narrative. Custom data labelling could be required in this case.

In the first iteration Twitter feed is used as a source of data on community sentiment. Data from Discord, Discourse can augment the picture.

Enriched sentiment model (community social graph + sentiment)

Pure language models presume that all social interactions influence equally the state of community sentiment, which is clearly not the case. A message from a protocol founder vs average troll clearly should have different weights in the resulting picture.

One way to fix this is to use temporal graph network to represent an evolving community graph. It generates a temporal embedding (a real-valued vector) for each user (graph node) i. This embedding is a learnable function of their history of interactions and that of their n-hop neighbours (social ties akin to that measured by PageRank).

Thus a language model of community sentiment can be enriched with information about relative social weight of each community member.

Onchain txns model (transaction graph)

Temporal graph network can also be used to represent an evolving txns graph. Here, say for a given protocol, it generates a temporal embedding (a real-valued vector) for each wallet (graph node) i. This embedding is a learnable function of their history of transactions and that of their n-hop neighbours.

An ETH-wide representation graph can also be built.

Onchain txns model can be used to run predictions: running test scenarios for different assets/platforms/DAO decision parameter sets; classification: asset/protocol risk-benefit profiling; finding optimal monetary policy parameter set. Txns patterns forecasting. Fraudulent activity detection. Detecting other patterns/clusters providing certain insights and serving as a decision support tool for all stakeholders: DAOs, investors, community members, users. I invite everybody to brainstorm further possible applications.

Protocol supermodel

The most important and complicated part: a protocol supermodel integrating enriched sentiment and onchain txns models comes next.

Both models can be regarded as functions, each in their respective function spaces. Then temporal evolution of these models can be interpreted as operators on these function spaces and a protocol supermodel as morphisms between these operator spaces.

Also one of the key challenges here is to design a way to communicate this representation in a coherent and deep way such that a user could easily and productively explore and interact with the model. The appropriate UI/UX is in the pipeline.

Bonus question: What are some of the long-term goals with your contribution to the Fei ecosystem?

I think native tools for explorable + explainable DeFi as opposed to borrowed TradFi methods as done by Gauntlet or Aave are crucial for the future of Fei and DeFi at large.

3 Likes

This sounds better suited for the Fei Grants Program, and I am curious if you have talked to @storm about this initiative.

1 Like

It is great to see so many of the OG community members making this proposal together! Here are the things that I like about it:

Community-driven compensation: there are so many initiatives and work being done in Fei Protocol these days that its hard to keep up. Having community members mutually establishing their compensation levels is something I’ve been interested in for a long time.
High compensation: overpaying full-time contributors compensates for the risk of working for a DAO vs a more traditional company or startup. It also allows Fei to attract many more expert contributors than in the past.
Transparency and accountability: the information about compensation will be out in the open (great for recruiting) and there will be a way to vote out members that are performing poorly or otherwise abusing their position.
Reduced dependency on Fei Labs: with the elevated compensation levels will come elevated expectations for community contributors, including relying less on support from Fei Labs, which is always stretched thin.
Timing: It would have been hard to get something like this out the door sooner as our community was forming. The crew that has formed around this proposal has for the most part been engaged since the launch early this year and are now pretty ramped up on Fei.

Seeing some of the feedback on this thread, it seems like the sticking point for many is the overall compensation level. It does seem very high to me ($200k+/yr for full-time contributors, plus the upside on TRIBE). Its more than I was making as an engineer last year (incl. equity) after working full time in DeFi for 3+ yrs since before it was even called DeFi.

I don’t think I should be suggesting specific compensation numbers or % changes to the levels proposed. We should establish those in an open and transparent way. Here is how I suggest we drive this conversation about compensation levels:

• More accurate comparisons to other protocols: putting aside the fact that Balancer and Maker have the most mature DeFi protocols and communities out there, it does seem like the comparables posted don’t translate well to our community. For example, there is definitely no equivalent to the Real-World Finance core unit (or any core unit) in our community (in terms of experience needed and responsibility taken). Fei launched in April and they have been working on this for 4 years. Its ok for Fei not to have caught up yet. How much does Maker pay for moderation in their channels? What do they pay their equivalent of the grants committee (as far as I know it was run by the foundation) ? Full time engineers with years of crypto experience at DeFi bluechips like Aave and Compound get paid less than the 75% bracket proposed here.
  • Someone suggested above that the authors show the level of compensation that some members would have gotten over the past 3 months if this program had already started. I think this is a great idea that will assuage many of the detractors of the high compensation levels. A lot of people are incorrectly assuming that a $150-200k/yr will be given to members with medium value contributions, so it should be fairly easy to show that this will not be the case.
  • The proposal suggest compensation brackets (10-100%) based on level of engagement rather than value of the work. This is super wrong on multiple levels and the exact opposite of how labor markets work. I think its very important for the authors to amend the proposal to make it such that the protocol somehow pays based on the value of the work being provided. This is the hard work of managing an organization, made even harder by the management-by-committee nature of the decentralized projects. Still needs to be addressed though.

To reiterate my position: I’m excited about this proposal and hope we can adddress feedback on it quickly to get it out the door. I agree that we should find comparables and overcompensate for these roles. I don’t think that the posted comparables are very accurate.

10 Likes

Excited to hear your interest @ykkkk ! Perhaps a good place to start is to drop some more details about yourself in discord and find a good starter task for contribution. The Tribal Force in its current form would likely onboard primarily long-time community contributors (3mo +)

3 Likes

I am extremely in favor of a community led group like the TribalForce and I think this proposal has some strong positives:

• autonomy
  • incentive alignment
  • growth

The key sticking points appear to be around quantifying the work done and compensation.

Quantifying work is difficult but not impossible, and we should make efforts to do so where we can.

Ideally compensation is not so rigid, because it is a bit subjective to self-report percentages of effort and even harder to benchmark the relative value of a contributor. All else equal, a solidity dev and a non-technical contributor should not be paid similarly even if both work 100 hour weeks.

I think like MakerDAO we can add multipliers for certain skillsets. We can also investigate tools like Coordinape to allow for even more emergent funding where the most active contributors tend to receive the most compensation.

I am in favor of piloting something and not letting the sticking points prevent this proposal which I consider net positive for the DAO.

I’d like to hear from those who wish to be part of the TribalForce where they consider themselves to land over the last 3 months and where they expect to be after the first 3 months of the pilot.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We would like to address the feedback that we received so far.

40 hours week

We are not proposing to hire employees on a 40 hour contractual basis. Our proposal is aimed at already engaged long-term contributors that proved their value to the community. We do not work on an hourly basis, which is why we did not suggest hourly rates. We do not expect TF members to log hours, especially for moderators this is not relevant. Most of the mods have not taken a single day off since Genesis and are available every weekend. This cannot be compared to a “normal 40h/week job”. As @seb mentioned, the value created is more important than the effort. Focus on the output and not on the input. Keep in mind that the DAO compensation in FEI and TRIBE comes with risks that once again cannot be compared to a “normal job” for a company or startup. TF Leads will analyze the value created by TF members, and the DAO will analyze the value created by TF Leads and remove them if necessary.

Just to give some numbers, OA was already responsible for allocating almost 100M FEI and the PCV proposals suggested by the community members here allocated more than $200M.

Comparables

To answer some of the points brought up by the community, we worked further on the comparables. As can be seen in the table below, the compensation for a full time position is below the DAO market. Some of the references are even smaller projects than Fei Protocol. If we want to be a leading DAO we should aim to at least compensate long-term contributors at the same level as other DAOs. It is worth noting that this benchmarking considers non-technical positions. However, Fei is a financial product running on code, so it needs both devs (Fei Labs) and finance people to grow. TF is highly complementary to Labs’ contributions.

Sources: Maker DAO 1 and 2, Index 1 and 2, Gro Protocol

KPIs

KPIs will be defined by the TF Leads and approved by the DAO together with the budget. The first snapshot is only to select the Leads. All of our our contributions are public and can be viewed by the entire community already:

KPIs will probably be related to growth, communication, transparency, community engagement, education and financial aspects.

The focus will stay on these contributions with competitive and transparent compensation being the goal. Currently, only selected roles are being funded through Fei Labs, and this might no longer be sustainable as the DAO grows. It leads to a system where contributors cannot comfortably and openly talk about their compensation. Thus members of other DAOs will not even consider working for a DAO which is nebulous about their reward system.
The number of initial Tribal Force members will depend on how many long-term community members apply and make a good case for their contributions.

TF Leads Role

There seem to be a lot of misconceptions about the leads. The leads will not necessarily be receiving 100%, as it is merely one of the rewarded functions rolled into the Tribal Force framework.
If we were to define a job description for the Tribal Force Leads, it would read something like this:

Working as a Tribal Force lead would include tasks, such as:

• Management of the DAO approved TF budget
  • Planning and defining a strategy for TF
  • Coordination of Tribal Force tasks
  • Review of TF applications
  • Management of current TF positions (“hiring and firing”)
  • On-Boarding of new candidates
  • Preparation of bi-weekly calls (agenda, call notes, recordings)
  • Transparency reports

For working in this position you would have to have the following qualities:

• Accountability
  • Transparency
  • Responsibility
  • Long-term commitment and high engagement with the community
  • Good English skills to communicate with other TF members
  • DeFi expertise
7 Likes

Thanks for replying! Do we have a dedicated channel to discuss the program? By the way, I agree with @Brianna, If the merging will happen, then it’s better to wait for the Merger finalized.

I continue to think that the MakerDAO core units are not an accurate comparables here. Ditto for Index Coop. Have not heard about Gro Protocol before.

In the cases of MakerDAO and Index Coop, the compensation listed is for people that interviewed to be in those orgs, then took a multi-year vesting schedule and are working exclusively on those protocols (in most cases). For MakerDAO, a budget was set for each core unit to achieve a specific goal after the dissolution of the foundation.

The teams in the core units had worked under the Maker Foundation for years, so they had fully ramped-up, qualified teams and an established management structure. Index teams were formed in a more grassroots manner (not by dissolving a legal entity), but they still recruit, hire and manage using a process very similar to that of a software startup and very different to what is proposed here.

Its clear that some specific roles that TF funds should have compensation as high as is being suggested here, but the proposals initial formulation of paying 100% ($200k+/yr) to the most engaged TF members worries me, despite the pivot in the proposal to compensate based on value provided.

The TF proposal is different from these examples in ways that are relevant to compensation. The idea is to set up a general purpose structure to compensate community members participating in a wide variety of ways and providing a wide range of value to the protocol. The TF leads structure is also a lot more novel and risky than the more traditional management structures of core units.

For those skeptical about the above points, I do believe that we will get a lot of clarity on how accurate these compensation comparables are if the following is established by the authors of the proposal:

• How much would some of the members of the TF be paid if the program had started 1 quarter ago as formulated here? Would be useful to get a variety of examples, since the candidates for TF do everything from Discord moderation to complex financial analysis.

• How will the value of the work done by contributors be established to determine the overall compensation level? In other words, how did the authors of this proposal arrive at the numbers for the previous quarter? As I mentioned before, this is the hardest thing to figure out about this proposal and is under-explained.

Answering these questions will give the community a sense of how you value different kinds of work, but I would encourage a conversation about establishing a system/guildelines/brackets for compensating different kinds of work.

Some of the smartest, most forward looking minds in crypto spent months in nasty public fights to determine the value that different core units provide to MakerDAO. This is even more complicated because TF will be establishing compensation for individuals. I think we should think very seriously about how this is going to be determined and establish frameworks beyond just saying that the TF leads will somehow do it. This comment feels very hand-wavy in that context.

Summary: overcompensation is a valuable part of this proposal, but these comparables make little sense to me. Its not clear at all how the TF leads think about the value of different kinds of contributions, but I’m looking forward to hearing more.

5 Likes

Are payments planned from the PCV budget? If this is the case, then I think this discussion is premature. Genesis investors at a big loss.

2 Likes

Hey @dremon43,
No, they will come from the DAO treasury, see:

2 Likes

I am writing to apply for a Tribal Force Leads role; with consultation with Fei Core Team members, I am preparing to transition to full time participation at Fei DAO therefore I consider it appropriate to apply for the added responsibility of TF leads. Having started this movement out of a desire to make existing compensations at Fei more transparent, I would like to follow through and take on the administration of the program.

Past involvement

I have been continuously active in the community since genesis, and I have since been actively maintaining, moderating, and translating the Chinese language discord channel. I have also maintained other Chinese language media outlets such as five wechat groups, and Chinese language newsletters. An extremely important aspect of this task has been translating and explaining all new governance proposals to DAO members who otherwise would not have been able to participate.

Given the heightened language barrier of the very large and active Chinese community, this task has morphed into somewhat of an ambassadorship between the communities; I have been consistently collecting sentiment, feedback, and suggestions from DAO members who otherwise would not be heard and presenting them to the FEI core team and the wider community.

I am also the first to propose an interest rate subsidies model where the protocol systematically mints new FEI to lend out to lending platforms. While generating organic revenues for the DAO, this approach makes FEI borrowing rates lower hence more attractive to borrow and promotes its use. Although my initial attempt has not been successful, this vision has been largely realized with the Rari pool 8 and Aave lending market. The current Optimistic Approval squad is administering a very similar program, and has injected in excess of 100M of Protocol owned FEI towards this end. My role on the OA has been to establish parameters with which to inject or to withdraw protocol owned FEI to rapidly adjust to market conditions.

Lastly, I have been active in Fei’s marketing fields, including bringing Bancor integration to fruition, and aiding with Fei’s listing at Aave and Comp.

My skills and experiences

My employment has been that of a Chinese-English legal translator in the US state of Massachusetts, in which I’ve worked for six years. This aspect of my skills has been extensively leveraged since genesis. My other significant occupation has been in real estate, and I have worked in management and sales, until I was able to focus on flipping and investing in my own projects.

I also have a deep interest and some experience in traditional finance; I have worked as a proprietary equity options trader for two years.

What are your expected contributions?

Given my suite of experiences, and what I have worked on at FEI Protocol, I think it would be natural to continue and expand my role as a bridge for the Chinese community. In this capacity, I would seek to foster greater governance participation in the Chinese community. Instead of merely relaying the latest governance proposals to Chinese, I will help influential members who otherwise would be deterred by the language barrier to actively participate in the DAO by being their interpreter and their legislative fiduciary.

As the scope of Fei’s educational and promotion materials increase, as will the need for translations. With my transition to a full time basis at Fei DAO, I can allocate time to translate materials such as Fei Academy, Bruno’s articles, etc.

There have been discussions of a large drive for Chinese language marketing; it would be natural for me to follow up with the initiative and scale operations up significantly. I should seek to help other language imparied community members who have expressed interest in discord and wechat, to navigate the Tribal Force application process, and if possible, to coordinate their efforts.

Fei Protocol thus far has relied almost on passive word-of-mouth for its marketing; with the upcoming launch of V2 and potential merge, there will be an excellent opportunity to push for heightened recognition of Fei. With collaboration and discussion with Brianna, I can expand the active marketing efforts to the English language media as well; especially focusing to counteract the bad rap generated from the month following genesis.

The other aspect which I feel that I would expand my participation would be the continuous evolution of the lending interest subsidies project. Although my earlier proposal of FEI lend has not come to fruition due to the issues of the assembled team; I am happy to see its principles realized with the multi-platform minting/lending program. Perhaps I am being too presumptuous in believing that I have been one of the key minds behind the current program, but I do feel a deep sense of participation and ownership, and I wish to further develop it to become a faster reacting and more secure system. In light of the potential Fei-Rari merge, I believe a proprietary lending apparatus can greatly increase the policy runway for cheap borrowing rates.

Should the merge materialize, I would like to play an involved role in incorporating the two protocols, especially with regards to our Chinese communities. I can extend any of the aforementioned tasks for a transitional Rari DAO should the situation calls for it.

Breakdown of past three months’ activities:

Overall proxy level if TF was active in retrospect: ~50% level during Sept, Oct, Nov

OA 15-20%; My role on the OA has been to establish parameters with which to inject or to withdraw protocol owned FEI to rapidly adjust to market conditions. Along with scrutinizing potential Cream style attacks on newly deployed funds.

Modding 20%:, an activity level on Discord fully servicing current server activity, (200+ posts now, up to 2000 posts when activity was high). Sole operation of Wechat group, with around 100 active members, spending at least 2 hrs per day bringing over latest governance developments. Aggregating sentiment and proposals from Chinese boards and posting them on discourse/discord on behalf of the community.

Translating 15%: brief summary of every FIP, and in depth, high quality translation of important documents/forum posts such as Rari-Fei Merge proposal, LaaS, Vote Delegation, Fei V2 etc.

4 Likes

My percentage breakdown of the past 3 months. Note that this includes tasks that were compensated by other means in the past, that will be compensated by TF moving forward

Moderation 20%: I’m the second most active moderator on Discord, with around 12-14 hours of availability every day. This includes education, on-boarding, banning of scammers and bots, answering DMs and of course content moderation. I also handle the Vietnamese channel, although that one is very small for now.
In addition I’m also the only Discourse Admin other than the core team. This includes the deletion of spam/posts that break our community guidelines, as well as deleting topics with no engagement to keep the forum clean.

OA 15%: My role on OA requires a high trust level from both the team and the DAO. I seldom proposed autonomous actions myself so far, but engaged in their discussion and ensured fast execution as one of the top signers and executors of that program.

Furthermore I was one of the creators and a contributor of the OA Tracker, which will help to bring more transparency to OA actions in the future.

Newsletter 5%: I write the monthly newsletter in collaboration with Dio and Brianna from the core team, summing up all things Fei that happened during the month.

Fei Grants Program 10%: Setting up the internal and public trackers of the program, handling applications, MCing the weekly grants call, reaching out to applicants, doing research on RFPs (Request For Proposals), “sniping” potential applicants. The work of the grants program is multifaceted and one of the most exciting programs in the protocol right now.

Fei Academy 10%: Academy is the community education website I founded and built with the help of Dio. Academy is probably the resource I link to the most in my daily modding activities, as it contains a plethora of valuable information, such as on-boarding material, the
History of Fei as well as the trade spot, among others. I’m excited to keep on building on Academy in the future and make it even better. One idea that we already played around with are step-by-step staking guides, both in picture and/or video format, for all of the different staking opportunities Fei Protocol offers.

All in all I would estimate my percentage of the last 3 months to be at ~60%. This would put me in the 50% compensation bracket.
Moving forward, assuming I take on the TF Leads role I applied for, keep building on Academy and take on some extra responsibilities I have recently been approached about, I would strive to reach the 75% bracket by the end of the pilot.

3 Likes

Moderation 20%:
As I am the most active mod I claim a rather large percentage. Last month I had about 500 posts and I am usually accessible for 15-16 hours every day. My German and Japanese translations are included as they do not bring too much value and are for a smaller crowd.

With moderation, there are also the tasks of banning bots and helping community members in DMs. These tasks are not really publicly available. But I am sure that the other mods can account for me.

OA 15%:
My role has been to ensure fast execution, as well as queueing up actions. In discussions, I followed and pointed towards the guidelines and frameworks. For the OA internally, Bruno and I tracked the majority of executions for the gas refunds.

Recently, Bruno, meertitan and I also set up the OA Tracker for transparency and education. This Notion will be expanded on in the future.

Fei Grants Program 10%:
The majority of the work was setting up the websites before the program launched. After that, it shifted towards management of applications and outreach to our applicants.
The grants committee updates their efforts in weekly meetings.

Newsletter 10%(split with meertitan, 5% each):
The Newsletter is a collection and write-up of all the Fei Protocol related data that meertitan and I collect throughout a month.

Fei Academy 10%:
The Fei Academy was founded by meertitan while I contributed majorly to the History of Fei, which currently takes a high amount of effort to keep up to date. That is why meertitan is also helping me with updating the History of Fei in a timely manner.
This is one of the platforms that I want to keep building on during my time in TF.

To sum it up over the last three months, I would be at around 60% and would thus fall under the 50% bracket. If the merger and v2 cause a lot of activity on the Discord (as they have been so far) and with the TF Leads role, I would claim 75% of the payment.

3 Likes

Hi guys,

Are you applying to be a Tribal Member or Tribal Leader?

I am applying to be a member of the Tribal Force.

Describe your participation / expert participation in the Fei ecosystem and in the DeFi space in general?

I joined the protocol before Genesis and actively supported it from the beginning until now. I have been dealing with cryptocurrency since 2013. I have been actively involved in cryptocurrency since 2017. The ambitious goals of the FEI protocol and its uniqueness suited me and I became an active supporter of it.

What skills / experience do you / do you bring?

My main skills are willingness to help people, give them information and involve them.

I communicate easily with people.

My professional experience in the DeFi space is mainly related to the work of a community manager.

In addition, I translate into several languages ​​(Russian, Spanish, Italian and French.

Another skill I have is a graphic designer. Many things. which you use on a daily basis in the protocol were made by me. For example, some illustrations for announcements, emoji, some infographics that are used in Fei Academy and mods to explain the principles of operation of certain processes.

I understand the processes occurring in the protocol and can explain them to the community and illustrate them.

What is your expected contribution?

Currently my contributions, potentially falling under the Tribal Force scope, include:

o Moderator of the Russian channel, French, Italian, Spanish

o Translator into Russian, French, Italian, Spanish.

o Graphic designer, infographic.

Additional question: What are the long-term goals of your contribution to the Fei ecosystem?

In the long term, I want a large-scale development of the protocol. I will do my best to educate the community, and to popularize the protocol.

Most of my tasks are focused on teaching, moderation, translations and graphics. The role of a member of the tribal forces would be a logical continuation of what I am doing now and would provide an opportunity to promote the protocol with all my competencies.

My percentage breakdown of the past 3 months.
Moderation - 15%:
Basically I moderate the Russian channel. In addition, I moderate the French, Spanish and Italian channels. For some reason, many users are in a hurry to share problems with me in personal correspondence (however, I think that this happens with all mods)

During moderation, there are also tasks to ban bots. And I can proudly say that we have one of the cleanest and safest discords for users.

Translations - 15%:
I translate news, announcements, significant events, as well as Newsletters (made by Dio and Meertitan) as well as everything that is interesting for users into Russian, French, Spanish and Italian. I was one of the first who started translating FIP into these languages, because I thought it had an educational function and would help users understand what was happening in the protocol

Presentation of the Protocol in the Russian-language cryptocurrency forum - 5%:
I publish information about the protocol, translations, announcements, my opinions. Information from this forum with links is published on large telegram channels related to cryptocurrencies, which increases the popularization of the protocol. Due to my posts, I have been noted as one of the most active content creators on this crypto site.

At the end of 3 months I was about 35%. This way I hit the 25% bar.

3 Likes

Here is my percentage breakdown of the past 3 months. Note that only the Articles and the first month of OA were compensated.

Articles 20%: I have been writing articles on Substack and related threads on Twitter that are increasing Fei awareness. The articles are highly time intensive in research, writing, review and design. Building a narrative is key to strengthening the Fei brand and bringing more DAO members. The articles also help on education and transparency. My tweets about Fei had 60,000 impressions and the articles 1,000 views on Substack.

PCV Proposals and Analysis & Integrations 25%: In the last 3 months, I continued my trajectory of authoring successful proposals related to PCV deployment (Acquiring 100M LUSD and Balancer DAO Swap). As one of the most active community members in the forum, I provided my analysis in almost every topic. Just to give a number, I have created a total of 181 posts in the forum, such as risk and financial analysis, helping the DAO to make better decisions. I brought the perspectives of someone that is already working in the banking sector for more than 10 years. In the integration front, I helped to reach some potential first users of Liquidity-as-a-Service ( LaaS), including Gelato, NFTX, StakeDAO, GRO.

OA 15%-20%: As a trusted member in the OA multisig, I engaged in discussions, analyzed proposals and executed transactions. I took the initiative to transfer 25M FEI to Aave, queueing this transaction for OA approval. For the OA internally, Dio and I tracked the majority of executions for the gas refunds. I also built with Meer and Dio, the OA tracker with Meer and Dio, aiming to increase the transparency of Fei DAO.

Considering these activities over the last three months, I would be at around 60% and would thus fall under the 50% bracket. Moving forward, assuming I take on the TF Leads role and continue the other tasks, I would claim 75% of the payment.

3 Likes