TIP-121: Proposal for the future of the Tribe DAO

I see a few problems with the proposal:

• There has been insider trading before it was posted. Around 500k$ of Tribe have been bought 10h before the proposal was put on the market. Fei Labs is, as usual, playing against the users. I hope the SEC will look into this, because really, you guys deserve it. In the meanwhile, I propose to prevent those addresses (and the ones linked to it in case they sell) from voting.

• No numbers are given. Lack of accurate numbers regarding the execution creates a strong asymmetry in favor of Fei Labs. This is not a vote, this is a manipulation. The excuse “we can’t estimate the PCV at the time of the vote” is, sorry for the slur, bullshit. You ran those calculations yourselves and, if you were truthful, you’d disclose them. We could at least know how you plan to calculate it. @JackLongarzo you tell us “all but a handful”. Can you explain what are your estimations for the cap? How many addresses are “a handful”? Unless the interval is [0,inf], you must have ran some calculations, right?

• The 30% retainer on the vesting is pure theft from the Rari team. How much is the rest worth? I highly doubt it will only "cover the costs - for which no precision has been given. Please give us the expected gain and the expected costs - else it’s just corporate theft. Winding down operations of an already dead (killed?) protocol shouldn’t be very expensive.

• Rari has stopped borrowing, told users to repay their debts, then pulled for 1,7M$ of liquidity - repaid by the users. This has to be used to repay hack/rari’s victims.

• Rari team, being responsible for the contract’s vulnerabilities after they chose not to follow the auditor’s recommendations, should not gain from this situation, especially when users will still be in loss. Same could be said about Fei Labs, which abandoned the project (aka “soft rug”). Why should they be allowed to farm the liquidity?

• Fei Labs, after supporting a hack repayment, chose to veto the community vote, and now proposes a slightly degraded version of it. I think trust has been broken, and I can’t believe such vague proposal probably overlooked by an army of blood-thirsty lawyers will be in the users’s favor. In fact, it’s not as the Fei Labs/Rari teams will get a much better deal this way than if they had kept with the initial community vote.

What I propose, by priority:

1. Full reimbursement of the retail users using the PCV (including Babylon - the vault contracts were noncustodial and thus, funds were owned by their users)
  2. Depending on the PCV state, repayment of the largest DAOs.
  3. Dissolution of Tribe, allowing a claim for the intrinsic value.
11 Likes