Reserve Stabilization

That’s a good analogy. Following your train of thought:

Amazon refuses to refund the TV after I sold the accessories, so I said to myself, fine I will keep the TV. but it turns out the TV is defective and doesn’t really work. It flicks on and off, and 80% of the screen has pixels and the rest is just black or noise. and there is no way to get a refund just because I don’t have the accessories anymore.

I’d say amazon should still give a refund. Or rather the TV manufacturer should now take back the defective TV and give the refund.

FEI is the defective TV and tribe is the manufacturer,
Refusing redemption is the same as the TV manufacturer saying: just wait, keep that non-funcitoning TV in your living room. We are working out a new line of product, it will be better, and when it’s ready (we don’t know when that is and we don’t know for sure if it will work) we will give you that newer model for your defective TV.

It’s reasonable for people to say: no, I don’t want to wait for your new line of product. just give a refund now. It’s hard to imagine that TV manufacturer being successful if that’s how they do their business.