FIP-51: Fei <> Rari: Token Merge

yo Jai! Great to see you here

IMO - this proposal is historical in itself, the first DAO x DAO merger. I want to highlight that

• how this is done
  • why this is done
    will likely be a case study for multiple mergers moving forward. This has already happened on a protocol level (eg. Pickle > YFI) so DAO x DAO seems like a natural step forward.

Thinking out loud - some benefits I see for both parties.

For Tribe

• Fei will be used in Rari Fuse (Good as this means greater resistance to oracle manipulation?)
  • Increase in FEI Usage to becoming a dominant stablecoin

For Rari

• Huge PCV Ripe for deployment
  • If the full 1.1b was to be deployed towards Rari, this would likely drive Rari’s TVL to 2.5b
  • Hack Debt

My questions:
Centralisation
It’s no secret that a16z is one of the driving forces behind Tribe, while Rari is a fairly launched protocol. How do we strike a balance (or should we even) and would there be a pull towards either side of the spectrum?

The Hack
This personally feels a little lopsided - at first glance Rari seems to benefit more, a little bit like a buyout whereby Tribe pays for the debt and buys out Rari. Curious to hear discussion on this and let me know if I misread/misinterpreted something.

Thanks for taking the time to read my response - again, very sorry if I mis understood/misread something, the brain often slows down at 4am :sweat_smile:

6 Likes