FIP-21: Optimistic Approval

Also the meme potential here is enormous

6 Likes

Have you considered using Aragon Govern for optimistic governance? It can be easier to use for this use case and less permissioned compared to multisig, as all Tribe holders will have the ability to challenge proposals.

How modular is it? What are the parameters?

All Tribe holders can challenge these proposals because the multisig will use a custom timelock with veto functionality

You have a transaction builder similar to the one you have in Gnosis Multisig, so you can interact with any smart contract and batch the operations. The key difference is that proposals are passed automatically after some configured timelock unless challenged by a Tribe holder who puts collateral, which is lost if he loses a dispute.

It also has integration with Aragon Voice which is a L2 voting system, similar to Snapshot, so all passed proposals can be automatically posted to Govern.

In a currently suggested protocol (for me) it looks like this:

1. Snapshot vote passes;
  2. One of 7 creates as multisig transaction and pings the other signers;
  3. Collects 4 signatures;
  4. Executes operation, through some proxy smart contract which will give time to organize cancelation vote in DAO or transaction by Governor.

With Govern it would work like this:

1. Snapshot vote passes;
  2. One of the whitelisted wallets create a proposal on Govern;
  3. After timelock it’s automatically executed unless challenged by any Tribe holder who puts collateral.

In case Voice is used, 2) can be skipped as well.

P.S. Some core settings example: Aragon Govern - Optimistic Governance for DAOs

who would want to gamble their Tribe for this?

I guess it depends on amount of collateral set to challenge a proposal, but anybody who cares and sure that he’s right as it’s quite easy to validate having an exact criteria e.g. “passed snapshot vote with minimal participation being X”. Tribe can put a bounty for legit challenges if extra motivation is needed.

With respect to using Aragon, we should keep an open mind for the future but I like the idea of simply challenging/vetoing with the DAO itself and the Guardian. Introducing some economics with bonding feels like it needs more thought as our governance/access control model is relatively complex.

I am creating the OA multisig address and getting all of the signer’s addresses. Once it is ready I’ll share in this thread.

The OA multisig address has been set up on Gnosis Safe and all members have been added. This is the contract where all transactions can be retraced.
Also, there was an OA channel added to Discord where all our conversations can be seen but only the OA team members and the core team can post.

2 Likes