FIP-2 FEI Redemption + TRIBE staking

Staking just tribe is something the team could look into down the road, but for now focusing on the proposal at hand is what is important. Getting things up and running again, so the team can focus on something like you suggest requires this.

5 Likes

What happens when people buy FEI? The price goes up. 300k ETH can almost buy out all the community held FEI so eventually people who want to sell, will and the protocol can move forward.

2 Likes

That is based exactly on the incentives everyone knew when pre-swapping 0% to 100% - using, staking, or passively holding TRIBEs.

They are just making a more decisive move towards aligning FEI and TRIBE holders with staking incentives.

In the project perspective, having a divided community and strategies that can’t align is a certain failure. This failure means TRIBE going towards $0.

1 Like

@joey

Joe.

You should be more open with us and tell us if there is other options on the tables or if you have been able to come up or are working on any other possible solutions.

Right now you are giving us 1 option that looks almost like the option we voted against last time.

It seems to me like you are unable to find any other solutions, and if so you should tell that to the community and take responsibility.

Instead you are pretty much giving us exactly same option and with very little explanation of if other options exist or what is happening.

2 Likes

The goal of this proposal is definitely to start moving things forward. So the team can work on creating long term value for tribe through integrations.

4 Likes

This is a great proposal. To really support Tribe you must support Fei as well. Do not listen to bagholders who were looking to make a quick buck by pre-swapping 100% and now want a way to get out already. This is an EASY yes.

7 Likes

Same same, but different.

This is pretty harsh for 100% pre-swappers, whom stand to benefit zilch from the increased staking. 100% pre-swappers have no FEI… now you’re asking them to swap half their TRIBE for FEI at a serious loss (Tribe has lost >2/3 of it’s value while FEI has lost ~1/5)…or to pour more cash in and double down… that’s a very tough ask with the way things have gone thus far.

Can we consider a staking reward for locking up just TRIBE? Perhaps the reward is FEI with a significant lock-up period? Or access to an exclusive contract that allows a FEI purchase at a slight discount? That way we can create artificial demand for FEI, while not gutting the TRIBE pre-swappers any more than they already have been.

On a related note… can we just forget these band-aids and fix the damn algo? if it takes a month… oh well. If it doesn’t work, we all lose as this project is doomed to fail anyways. If it does work, everybody will forget about these rough early weeks when things are churning along in the future.

EDIT: realized the extra 100mm staking portion of the proposal will benefit TRIBE holders in at least 1 way- by driving demand for TRIBE (from current or future holders of FEI who are incentivized to farm)

12 Likes

The truth is that voting is unnecessary because in the end it will only be an option to vote, the one that the team wants

1 Like

You must have a lot of fei

2 Likes

I think it’s a good path forward.

1 Like

The team listened very strongly to the community on this, specifically the undo button proposal. Implying that the team only puts forward what the team wants is inaccurate.

The team is absolutely putting forward the effort to follow the will of the community.

4 Likes

I agree. Short term favouring farmers, my only hope is this creates long term the success to ultimately favours HODLrs who 100% pre-swapped and don’t want to double-down for rewards which are not exactly enticing compared to many other DeFi projects…

1 Like

They should offer single sided staking and match up FEI SS stakers to TRIBE SS stakers

2 Likes

this is from Discord - You can go to Rari (Pool 8) and supply part of your TRIBE as collateral. Once you have this deposited, you can take out a loan in FEI against your TRIBE (up to 40% of your deposited TRIBE or something). Note that the staking / contract fees are high (it will cost you like 200 bucks to deposit + take the loan), but def worth it long term.

what I think is getting lost here is that TRIBE’s goal (responsibility) is to keep FEI stable and at peg. once that is achieved, then the business of integrations and increased utility for FEI can start and TRIBE will gain value

3 Likes

Winner!!! :rotating_light:

Simple, easy to implement, and effective.

This is something that could be considered by the team moving forward. For now you can stake tribe (by itself) on rari in pool 8.

3 Likes

Love this proposal! It has a little something for everyone. Can’t wait for the project to be completely functional and running on all cylinders.

6 Likes

I have a lot of both fei and tribe, and I want what’s best for the protocol.

reweights are next, then direct incentives, so the idea is to get to $1

4 Likes

just saw this on Discord - looks like it could work - You can go to Rari (Pool 8) and supply part of your TRIBE as collateral. Once you have this deposited, you can take out a loan in FEI against your TRIBE (up to 40% of your deposited TRIBE or something). Note that the staking / contract fees are high (it will cost you like 200 bucks to deposit + take the loan), but def worth it long term

3 Likes