FEI Deployment Strategy

The overall analysis present here is quite sound, and these allocations are reasonably well adjusted for risk. Though I do wish to speak out against reinstating TRIBE incentives for borrowing FEI on AAVE, or any other platforms.

TRIBE rewards for borrowing inflate the borrowing rate on that platform and disproportionately attracts arbitrage borrowers. As mentioned by SebVentures here, there is empirical evidence that AAVE borrowing is heavily redeployed into other TRIBE yield programs, rather than any organic usages.

Finally, in the same thread , I have argued in depth why it is more preferable to subsidize borrowers by lowering the interest rate, instead of giving out TRIBE rewards outright. I’d like to raise some of them here again: foster organic usage growth by non-arbitrageurs; equalizing FEI borrowing rates across different platforms, eventually allowing the rollout of an unified policy rate across the entire platform; amongst other reasons to not reinstate TRIBE rewards for borrowing.

2 Likes