A case for the governance token distribution in Fei’s long-term interests

Nobody forced anyone to sell at a loss. I don’t understand why people complain about losses that they inflicted upon themselves willingly. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

A loss is a loss if the market doesnt let you get out

1 Like

Right no one forced anyone to sell at a loss, and no one forced anyone to stay. So pay ALL pre-swappers some Tribe and not some of them. Staying is your business. Leaving is also your business. But saying that only those who currently hold and did not sell is outrightly insensible and illogical in all ramifications.

1 Like

If you don’t realize it and the price reverts there is no loss in the end. It’s all about time horizon and patience and also accepting the inherent risks associated with investing in a new token launch like this one. Anyway, it will all resolve itself. People who can’t wait and have no patience or don’t believe in the project going forward will exit. The people that remain will be the ones who want this project to succeed. We shall see how it all works out, but I personally am going to stick around and see what happens. I am pretty confident this situation can be salvaged and succeed in the long run. We just need to get all the negativity out and focus on improving things instead of tearing everything down due to short sightedness…

1 Like

Nobody bought @3.2 post Genesis.

Somewhere else here I already wrote about leveraging and rewarding long-term commitment during particularly tumultuous time. Those who sold a couple of days after the Genesis may have been smart or stupid, but they’re 100% mercenary capital.

Great proposal and I’m not saying it because I’m a 100% TRIBE pre-swapper. I believed in this project. Those who sold contributed to its destruction… simple.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea. Providing a time frame for when voting could potentially begin would definitely incentivize users to purchase now.

2 Likes

No, if it’s a predictable future time frame, it’ll be Genesis 2.0 with hordes of quick $ seekers.

It’s not going to appeal to quick $ seekers if we have a 24 month hold requirement to get the bonus TRIBE.

2 Likes

Exactly, lock that shit up to discourage short term speculators

Still, that’s not in the spirit of my proposal.

1 Like

Pavel I love your proposal, was just brainstorming other approaches that are more inclusive of all Tribe-holders, as we should consider all options. I’d personally vote for yours but am willing to compromise. Thank you for putting your thoughts down so coherently.

1 Like

If there was a case for litigation. The guys who sold at a loss could actually be benefactors of Tribe compensation. The guys who stuck around have no loss. They are FINE!

No. Fei Labs was the first to commence the destruction of Tribe by issuing MASSIVE airdrops to 0% Pre-swappers. So that’s where the failure started. You can’t transfer this failure or burden to the Pre-swappers that exited AT A LOSS to hedge their losses. The only people that have lost any thing are those pre-swappers who exited. Those still holding Tribe have NOT LOST anything! So if there’s any thoughts of compensation or rewards, the priority should be the pre-swappers who lost their Tribe as a result of the mistake made by Fei Labs in issuing Tribe tokens to uninterested 0% Pre-Swappers.

That’s completely false!!! Impermanent Loss is not a loss. Exiting at a loss is a loss.

There are thousands of holders of hacked protocols that would disagree with you.

There more people that would agree with me than disagree with me. Actually way more than 10x the size of people. Impermanent Loss IS REALLY NOT a Loss. There is only one PERMANENT loss, and that’s when you exit at a loss.

And besides, regardless if anyone sides with me or not, why should the impermanent loss guys be preferred over the permanent loss guys? Only a selfish person would think this way, which is not only irrational but greedy!!

Why not say 1000x if we are just making up stuff

Haha. Touché. But you get the gist. :grinning:

I think this is a good proposal. What do you think about a stipulation for receiving this airdrop being the holder must engage with governance or something along those lines?

1 Like